Amiga 600 Lives Again

This was an interesting job. This 600 came in with needing new caps and a keyboard issue. After some investigating I found the two 47uF caps at C821 and C822 had leaked so badly it caused some severely damaged traces to completely open. I ended up removing the keyboard chip to inspect under it, replaced the keyboard connector with a brand new one and had to put several jumpers down on both sides of the board. I’m happy the machine is working fully again and I’m sure the customer will be too.

2 thoughts on “Amiga 600 Lives Again

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.