I don’t usually share software news here on my blog, but this one I just had to share! As many of you may know I love MorphOS as much as I love AmigaOS. One of the few things I prefer on OS4.1 over MorphOS is the fantastic integration of UAE and the ability to install RunInUAE on it. Well, this new release has closed the gap considerably now! If you are a MorphOS user, this is a must install! It’s available here: WHDLOpener
This package integrates E-UAE/WHDLoad with MorphOS/Ambient. WHDLoad games can be started by running the slave file or just the game icon. ADF images can be run in E-UAE, mounted in MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS.
- You need to have AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench3.1 disk (or image), A1200 Kickstart 3.1 and A500 1.3 ROM images. SDK is recommended, though you can get away with some commands in C:.
- WHDLOpener is configured to run E-UAE on a lores 24Bit 320×256 screen. Make sure your screenmodes are set up. If your monitor does not support 320×256, edit A1200_WHDLoad.conf, replace 320×256 with 640×512, set “gfx_linemode=double” and “gfx_lores=no”.
- Context menu for slave file has additional entry to run E-UAE in the windowed mode. It can be changed in the MIME settings for x-amigaos-whdload.
- Only first E-UAE instance has UAE ARexx port.
- Starting multiple games at the same time will not work.
- Paths/Volumes need to be the same both on MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS. If you add or rename a volume in your system and want to run WHDLoad games from it – don’t forget to add this volume in the E-UAE config.
- E-UAE can be quit by CTRL ALT Q. For more information regarding E-UAE or other WHDLOpener external component refer to the original documentation.
- Custom tooltypes are not supported.
- Installation can be made offline if these packages are in the main directory:
E-UAE_1.0.0-JIT.lha.xz + rmh.lha + skick346.lha + WHDLoad_usr_small.lha