Creating a central hub welcoming Commodore (all model) computers and Amiga fans and providers from around the globe to collaborate
A big hello to all Commodore and Amiga fans wherever you live in the world: The time has come to stand up and be counted – subscribe to AGA (Amiga Global Alliance) and between us let’s build the best Retro Computing Community on the planet!
We’re excited to announce that we’ve secured the domain name “AGA.Directory” as the cornerstone of a groundbreaking new website.
Our mission is to construct the most all-inclusive platform that fully embodies the rich diversity and exceptional talent that our global community has to offer. This platform is set to become a thorough resource, featuring listings and URL links to any individual or company providing services to our community, no matter where in the world they’re located.
For the first time ever, we’re rallying Amiga enthusiasts, Commodore/Amiga clubs, developers, animators, repairers, wholesalers, shops, magazines, authors, component suppliers, webmasters, musicians, 3D artists, and more, from every corner of the globe, to collaborate together.
Here’s a sneak peek into the features you can expect from AGA.Directory:
- Open Forum: A space for both group and individual discussions.
- Market Place: A portal to buy and sell new and used items.
- CATS (Commodore Amiga Technical Support): Dedicated technical support for all your Commodore and Amiga needs.
- Calendar: A global events diary keeping you updated on upcoming events.
- Jobs: A platform for freelance services, whether you’re offering or seeking, full time or part time.
- Archive/Library: A long-term storage space that’s always accessible.
- Goodies: A section filled with treasures donated by fellow AGA subscribers.
- Database/Directory: An extensive list of contacts via URL/email/phone.
Plus, anything else our valuable subscribers suggest.
We’re eager to list all clubs and groups who subscribe. We warmly welcome every single Commodore/Amiga fan, regardless of nationality, language, ethnicity, or religious belief, to join this thriving community. As a participant, you’ll be contributing to the welfare and health of the most robust and powerful retro community ever!
Once you join, every club and group, wherever you’re located, will be listed with links to your sites. Whenever you’re hosting meetings or special events, you’ll have the opportunity to advertise on a truly global scale.
Before we delve into the other benefits this project offers to all the creative designers and technical wizards in our community, let’s touch on how we’re constructing AGA.Directory.
We’ve brought on board a team of highly qualified website and IT professionals to build our platform. They are committed to bringing our vision to life, ensuring that AGA.Directory becomes the go-to resource for the global Amiga community.
Lead Webmaster – Paolo D’urso – Founder/Publisher of Amiga Passione magazine and behind IT company https://lightage.it
Webmaster – Steve Moorehouse – Manazing Director of Albany Computer Services, UK.
Derek Knaggs BSc (Hons) Computing (First Class) – Joint Founder https://flamelily.it UK
Justin Mitchell – Founder of Breadbox and Commodore Computer Museum Youtuber – New Zealand.
Elliot Christensen – Podcaster, Marketer, Futurist – USA
Dave Kirkwood – Bachelor of Computing Science and PhD in Simulation
What We Will Do With The Money Raised:
- Website Construction and Maintenance
- Operational Expenses and Administration
At present, we’ve pledged to reinvest 65% of all incoming revenue back into our community. This reinvestment will be utilized to:
Provide seed funding for the development of new software, including productivity tools, apps, and games.
Foster innovation in hardware development of all kinds.
Support advertising, promotional activities, and assistance with social media campaigns.
Facilitate magazine publishing (both print and online), product launches, club activities, and events.
To ensure we meet these objectives and safeguard against errors or poor judgment, we’ve assembled an “Advisory Board” comprising esteemed industry figures with a wealth of experience. Their role will be to guide us in making wise decisions about reinvesting funds back into the community.
Advisers and Technical Team
For technical evaluation and approval, we have so far elisted the help of the following individuals:
Mike Nurney – UK, Tomasz Marcinowski – Poland, Paul Rezendes – USA
Marvin Droogsma – The Netherlands, Frank Linhares – Canada, Dave Haynie – USA
We also have some dedicated Amiga fans from the community who have kindly offered to lend their knowledge and assistance on community liason and promotion, including:
“Amiga Bill” Bill Winters – USA, Andy C Spencer – UK, Paul Kitching – Global
Dave McMurtrie – USA, Bartek Dramczyk – Poland, Paolo D’Urso – Italy
Joerg Droege – Germany, Dan Wood – UK, Claudio De Castro – Argentina
We are thrilled to announce the anticipated launch date for our website, “Aga.Directory” for August 1st, 2023. (This date is subject to change, however your 1 year membership will commence from the ACTUAL DATE the website Aga.Directory goes live).
As an AGA member, you’ll enjoy a wealth of benefits, including:
- Early Access: Get a head start with advance notice of and access to new products.
- Member Discounts: Enjoy exclusive member-to-member discounts, which we negotiate on your behalf and will vary by product.
- Membership Certificate: As a token of our appreciation, every member will receive a signed certificate.
Competition – Win a MiniMig
Like all my Kickstarter campaigns, I’m offering an exciting prize to one lucky backer. This includes those who’ve already committed to the Amiga Global Alliance. This time around, we’re delighted to offer the impressive MiniMig v1.97itx 6MB (Black ENIG), CPU MC68SEC000.
This is the new 2023 REV 97itx of the MiniMig board. It boasts major improvements including a 6-layer ENIG, resettable fuse, +5V voltage regulation, super coupling, support for 60MHz MC68SEC000, a new OCS/ECS MIA chip, support for TF030 @ 50MHz, and support for PiStorm kick.rom caching. LED indicators for +3.3, +1.25, +2.5. +5V, fast CBTD shifters, a MiniITX form factor, and 6MB of RAM are other highlights of this revision.
This fantastic prize will be delivered in a stylish crystal case. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of something groundbreaking, and get a chance to win this incredible prize!
We’re thrilled to offer a Special Introductory Launch Bonus Bundle as an extra reward for our backers. This bumper bundle is packed with a wealth of digital goodies:
- “Commodore: The Inside Story” (E-book or Audiobook Download): Delve into the intriguing history of how a billion-dollar company went bankrupt.
- “From Vultures to Vampires Volume 1: 1995 – 2005” (E-book Download): A riveting account of the battles for Commodore/Amiga Trademarks, IPs, Logos, Patents, and the technology that was being developed by various companies. An essential read for any enthusiast.
- “From Vultures to Vampires Volume 2: 2005 -2010” (E-book Download): The saga continues in this brand-new release (May 2023), charting the next phase of the Commodore/Amiga journey.
- “Amiga Live and Kicking” Video (Download): Produced by Wavem Studios, this video provides an inside look at the Amiga journey, featuring compelling interviews.
- “Cosmic Force” New C64 Game (Download): A highly addictive “Shoot ’em up” action game developed and released by Wavem Studios.
- Commodore Alive and Kicking (Download): Another production by Wavem Studios, continuing the narrative of the Commodore’s enduring legacy.
- “Everybody’s Girlfriend” Music Album (Download): A musical celebration of 10 years of the Amiga, featuring a mix of genres and styles. This album, recorded by Tangent Music Design, features live performers, including the homage to Jay Miner, “Para mi Amiga”, composed and performed by David John Pleasance.
- “Rising Sun” Debut Album by Satya (Download): Enjoy the debut album from the Peterborough-based 8-piece Reggae Dub band, “Satya”, featuring Marcel & Emile Pleasance, David’s sons. This album includes 15 tracks, from “Sunrise” to “Sunset”, plus 2 bonus tracks.
1) Rising Sun
2) Eternal Love
3) Take a Shot
4) Only We
5) In The Sun
7) Change Our Way
11) Take me as I am
13) Move On
14) The Uprising
TWO BONUS TRACKS
Be part of our journey and enjoy these exclusive rewards!
Thanks to the following members of the Amiga community for showing their support and belief in the idea of the Amiga Global Alliance:
Look out for AGA at Amiga 38 in Germany this October.
Risks and challenges
While we have put in extensive effort and planning into this project, as with any endeavor, there are inherent risks and challenges involved. Here are the potential hurdles we foresee: Project Timeline: The most significant risk involves our project timeline. While we have an anticipated launch date set for August, 2023, unforeseen circumstances could potentially cause delays. These could include technical issues with website development, unexpected setbacks in our operations, or other external factors beyond our control. We assure you that we have a dedicated team working diligently to ensure we meet our target date and, should any delays arise, we will communicate openly and promptly with our backers about any changes to our schedule. To mitigate these risks, we have established a strong plan and team, complete with contingency measures. We remain committed to transparency and will keep our backers informed about our progress, challenges, and successes every step of the way. Thank you for your understanding and support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ