Due to some unexpected travel and near no notice jobs that have come up in my full time regular job things will take longer to get back than expected. I apologise in advance for this . Most of those with things with me have been informed of this and any recent items sent in have also been informed prior. Due to the backlog I’ll not be accepting anything for the remainder of the year. I do and will often make exceptions during work stoppage, but it’s not fair to those sending in things to make you wait for what I feel is an excessive time. As always thanks for trusting me with your repair needs. I do enjoy being able to help when I can.
This is only for the rest of the year and expect to be caught up again after the new year holiday when I’ll start accepting more in again.
I have received my next batch of A4000 RED board in for those interested. I currently have 29 available as of this post. They are $85 each shipped free in the USA or $95 for the rest of the world. You can message me here for PayPal info and availability.
The next batch of boards came in and sold out fast. Here are a few images of the black design. All future boards that come directly from me will be only available in red however. This was a special request.
I just wanted to show off a clear set of images of the new boards. They came out fantastic! As you all read this I have a set of boards being sent off to a couple select people that will be building them along with me to test them. I can say that I expect them to work great. This weekend I have spent a lot of time testing traces against a real board and the online PCB explorer site. So far I haven’t found any mistakes. I expect good news very soon!
I don’t usually share software news here on my blog, but this one I just had to share! As many of you may know I love MorphOS as much as I love AmigaOS. One of the few things I prefer on OS4.1 over MorphOS is the fantastic integration of UAE and the ability to install RunInUAE on it. Well, this new release has closed the gap considerably now! If you are a MorphOS user, this is a must install! It’s available here: WHDLOpener
This package integrates E-UAE/WHDLoad with MorphOS/Ambient. WHDLoad games can be started by running the slave file or just the game icon. ADF images can be run in E-UAE, mounted in MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS.
- You need to have AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench3.1 disk (or image), A1200 Kickstart 3.1 and A500 1.3 ROM images. SDK is recommended, though you can get away with some commands in C:.
- WHDLOpener is configured to run E-UAE on a lores 24Bit 320×256 screen. Make sure your screenmodes are set up. If your monitor does not support 320×256, edit A1200_WHDLoad.conf, replace 320×256 with 640×512, set “gfx_linemode=double” and “gfx_lores=no”.
- Context menu for slave file has additional entry to run E-UAE in the windowed mode. It can be changed in the MIME settings for x-amigaos-whdload.
- Only first E-UAE instance has UAE ARexx port.
- Starting multiple games at the same time will not work.
- Paths/Volumes need to be the same both on MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS. If you add or rename a volume in your system and want to run WHDLoad games from it – don’t forget to add this volume in the E-UAE config.
- E-UAE can be quit by CTRL ALT Q. For more information regarding E-UAE or other WHDLOpener external component refer to the original documentation.
- Custom tooltypes are not supported.
- Installation can be made offline if these packages are in the main directory:
E-UAE_1.0.0-JIT.lha.xz + rmh.lha + skick346.lha + WHDLoad_usr_small.lha
Big shoutout to Slashdot for mentioning the project! Thanks so much! If you would like to check out the article for yourself you can read it here: Commodore’s Amiga Is Being Revived In Newly Updated Hardware
Another nice mention of our project, as well as a couple more, can also be read about over at Hot Hardware here: Commodore’s Beloved Amiga Is Being Revitalized With Updated Retro Hardware
I just received the first pictures from the PCB fab before shipping and wanted to share this first look with everyone. The boards look great at first glance here. I can’t wait to get them in my hands to show the full up close shots when I get back home August 5th! They should ship on July 24th and be waiting for me when I get back.